The Wise Hippo Hypnobirthing Workshop
Hypnobirthing is an antenatal course which helps a mother and her birth partner prepare for birth. It helps condition the mind to relax and block negativity, so you stay calm, relaxed and in control. The programme is built around an educational process that includes special breathing, relaxation, visualization, meditative practice, attention to nutrition and positive body toning.
The Wise Hippo is a new approach to birthing. We believe a positive birth experience is a state of mind; it’s not defined by what happens during labour and birth but how a woman feels about her baby’s birth. Because of this belief we are able to teach skills and knowledge that empower women to trust their instincts and ensure that their baby has the right birth on the day.
The Wise Hippo Hypnobirthing Programme is not only about teaching women to have a positive birth experience. It’s about creating strong, confident mothers who inherently trust themselves, and by using their natural instincts, make choices that are right for themselves and their families.
As the mum-to-be you will learn:
- how to breathe through contractions and when baby is about to be born
- how to become and remain relaxed
- release any negative emotions associated with birth
- how to prepare yourself physically for birth and understand how your body works to assist in easier baby delivery (positions during labour and birth)
- how body systems and mind work during childbirth
As a birth partner you will learn:
- how to support the birthing mother through simple nurturing and keep her relaxed and in control
- what you need to know about birth in order to support the mother’s choices, even if the circumstances take a different turn
- your role before, during and after the baby is born.